WHO Country Support on Climate Change and Health - Visual Guide
Categories: Climate Resilient Health Systems, Access to climate change funding for health, Climate Change & Health Vulnerability & Adaptation Assessments, Health National Adaptation Plans, Guidance document, Tools, Global
Publisher: World Health Organization
This visual guide provides an overview of the various means of support WHO offers to member states to advance climate-resilient health. The guide offers answers to key questions to understand WHO's support to countries on climate change and health, including:
- What are the impacts of climate change on health and the potential health co-benefits of climate change mitigation?
- How do we develop comprehensive plans and strategies to address climate-sensitive health risks and build climate-resilient health systems and facilities?
- How do we access climate financing for climate change and health, including the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness programme?
- What interventions can be implemented to address climate-sensitive health risks and strengthen the resilience and environmental sustainability of health systems and facilities?
- How do we monitor progress made at national level on climate change and health?
Ministry of Health; Researchers; Anyone planning and implementing activities to advance climate resilient health systems.